Friday, January 19, 2018

Where did the years go?

So much has happened, so much has changed, I don't really know where to start...

I finally regained access to this account, and so this blog, which I have not updated for some time.  I suppose as things in certain areas began to get worse it just took all the energy that I had to get through the days.  So I regained access.  That's good.

Then one of those things, look what you did on this day three years ago popped up.  That is a mixed blessing right now, but let's not get into that in this blog.

Three years ago I had seen that my wife was not happy, she was feeling down.  I believe the seemingly immediate cause was due to her mother taking back the mixer thing she used to make these delightful culinary baked goods, cookies and cakes and such.  It turns out that it wasn't quite that simple, but perhaps I will get into that at a later time.  I'm sure that I will, but not right now.

So, when there was time, money and opportunity I took my wife and daughter into Bloomingdale's in Manhattan.  We got a mixer, and a dress, as well as dresses for my daughter.  We ate at a burger place in Bloomingdale's, like my parents did with me when I was a kid, and went to FAO's and CB2 to look at furniture.  

I remember that day, and thinking how nice it was to be able to do things like that, and spend time, and make my wife and daughter feel special.  I remember that day clearly, I remember believing that things were good, and looking up.  I know I was happy.     





No comments: