Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pain

Pain, it's the only thing that causes growth.

I suppose there are other ways to learn, and I expect that for the truly gifted there is an ability to learn from other people's pain, but not me, and not, I suspect, most people out there.

Pain, you see can do many things, and they are not all bad.

Physical pain, like muscle soreness, or training injuries, can in the long run make us stronger. Emotional pain has the same effect, it can burn us down till we feel weak and helpless, but in the end we will be left with a stronger frame that we can rebuild upon. Emotional pain is like a fire which can burn away obsolete and outdated modes of operation, and enable us to become that which we might always have dreamed we could be.

So, my friend, you have burned, what will you be now?

No comments: